1. Definitions Buyer The person who buys or agrees to buy goods from the seller Conditions The terms and conditions of sale as set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller Goods The articles which the buyer agrees to buy from the seller Price The price of the Goods, excluding VAT and any carriage, package and insurance cost Seller Means Green Olive Firewood Co, 2. Conditions 2.1 These conditions shall form the basis of the contract between the Seller and the Buyer in relations to the sale of Goods, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions; including the Buyers standard conditions of purchase or any other conditions which the Buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order or confirmation of order or any other document 2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods from the Seller pursuant to these Conditions. 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of Goods shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Conditions. 2.4 These Conditions may not be varied except by the written agreement of the Seller. 2.5 These Conditions represent the whole of the agreement between the Seller and the Buyer. They supersede any other conditions previously issued. 3. Price The Price shall be the price quoted on the Seller’s confirmation of order. The price is exclusive of VAT which shall be due at the rate in force on the date of the Seller’s invoice. 4. Payment & Interest 4.1 Payment of the Price & VAT shall be due on delivery or within 30 days of the Seller’s Invoice (if account is open), unless agreed in writing by the seller. 4.2 Payment settlement by Cash, Cheques made payable to: Green Olive Firewood Co. or by BACS = account: 31674943 Sort Code: 40 44 39 4.3 Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due calculated on a daily basis until the date of payment at the rate of 3% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time in force. Such interest will incrue after, as well as before, and judgement. 4.4 The Buyer shall pay all accounts in full and not exercise any rights of set-off or counter-claim against invoices submitted by the seller. 5. Goods The quantity and description of goods shall be as set out in the confirmation of order. 6. Warranties The Seller warrants that the Goods will, at the time of delivery, correspond to the description given by the Seller in confirmation of the order.
7. Delivery of Goods 7.1 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer’s address. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods on the day notified by the Seller for delivery 7.2 The Seller undertakes to use its reasonable endeavours to dispatch the Goods on an agreed delivery date, but does not guarantee to do so. Time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract. 7.3 The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage whether arising directly or indirectly from the late delivery or short delivery of the Goods. If short delivery does take place, the Buyer undertakes not to reject the Goods but to accept the Goods delivered as part performance of the contract. 7.4 If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods on the agreed delivery date or, if no specific date has been agreed, when the Goods are ready for dispatch, the Seller shall be entitled to store and insure the Goods and to charge the Buyer reasonable costs of so doing. 8. Acceptance of Goods 8.1 The Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods 48 hours after delivery to the Buyer 8.2 The Buyer shall carry out a thorough inspection of the Goods within 48 hours of delivery and shall give written notification to the Seller within 4 working days of delivery of the Goods of any defects which a reasonable examination would have revealed. 8.3 Where the Buyer has accepted, or has been deemed to have accepted, the Goods the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Goods which are not in accordance with the contract. 9. Title and Risk 9.1 Risk shall pass on delivery of the Goods to the Buyer’s address. 9.2 Notwithstanding the earlier passing of risk, title in the Goods shall remain with the Seller and shall not pass to the Buyer until the amount due under the invoice for them (including interest and costs) has been paid in full. 9.3 Until title passes the Buyer shall hold the Goods as bailee for the Seller and shall store or mark them so that they can be, at all times, identified as the property of the Seller. 9.4 The Seller may at any time before title passes and without any liability to the Buyer: 9.4.1 repossess and dismantle and use or sell all or any of the Goods and by doing so will terminate the Buyer’s right to use, sell or otherwise deal in them; and 9.4.2 for that purpose (or determining what if any Goods are held by the Buyer and inspecting them) enter any premises of or occupied by the Buyer. 9.5 The Seller may maintain an action for the price of any Goods notwithstanding that the title in them has not passed to the Buyer. 9.6 Payment shall become due upon the commencement of any act or proceedings in which the customer’s solvency is involved. 10. Carriage of Goods 10.1 Carriage charges will be agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller prior to each transaction.
1. All national deliveries will be within 3 to 5 working days. Deliveries within M25 will be made by our own company representatives by hand and bulk orders will be broken down for ease of carriage and access.
2. Smaller items will be shipped by post or by courier at the company's discretion.
3. All delivery charges are detailed within the order. Please contact the office for any special delivery requirements on 0845 636 305 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
4. Deliveries will be made between 9am and 5pm and are not made at a specific time unless agreed seperately.
5. All goods must be checked on receipt and a delivery note signed for. Please keep a copy for your records. Where goods are shipped by post and there is an issue please contact us immediately to raise any issues.
6. In the event of a complaint, resulting in the goods being returned, payment will be refunded to the customer.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, provided the goods are in pristine condition, please return the item within 30 days from the purchase date and we will fully refund the cost of your order, excluding the delivery charge.
Please see Terms of Business for further information.
Green Olive Firewood
About Us - How it all started...
Olive wood is used as an everyday fuel in Europe and we were struck by the fantastic aroma and its long burning properties. Returning to the UK we sought to re-create that holiday feeling and set about hunting for different woods to use in our fires.
Unsurprisingly we didn't find any olive trees that had been harvested in the home counties. So we used our local contacts throughout the Mediterranean and discovered an abundance of olive trees that were harvested each year and managed by local farmers. Incredibly the wood is a by-product of the olive industry and this is what we use for our lovely logs.
"FROM LITTLE ACORNS" (OR IN OUR CASE OLIVE PIPS!)
Three years on we are a UK company supplying superb quality firewoods and barbecue products from our base in West Sussex. We are committed to sourcing the finest, natural products, that are competitively priced and uniquely packaged. The company began with our highly successful olive wood logs and has expanded to include locally sourced and kiln dried firewood and kindling.
Our LongBurn outdoor summer products are also proving popular with our range of lumpwood charcoal, briquettes, olive wood chunks and Swedish pine torches.
Everyone loves our reliable products, we deliver what we describe. We hand-cut our locally sourced UK wood and season it ourselves and we discard any logs that we don't think you will like.
OUR GREEN APPROACH
Renewable energy is important to us, firewood is a green renewable energy resource and all our natural wood products are responsibly sourced.
We also take care to keep our carbon footprint very low by transporting our wood via sea and road rather than by air. Where possible we try to ensure that most of our wood packaging can be recycled.
Please get in touch, we love talking about wood!
The Green Olive Firewood Team
We are a UK Company based in West Sussex, supplying superb quality firewoods, charcoal and barbecue products. Plus useful fun items like our Swedish style pine torches which are great for portable camping stoves or candles.
We provide a range of products that are not only responsibly sourced, but provide fantastic performance too, as well as being packaged using as little materials as possible or reusable bags.
We are always happy to hear from customers and those interested to learn more, so please get in touch!
Green Olive Firewood is committed to offering their best price in our marketplace